A Collection of Original Poetry by Students of Ladysmith High School

Thursday, 24 September 2015

Cliche/ Blanket ~ Cheron L'Estrange

Cliché  

I don't want to be
a cliché
making desperate attempts
at individuality
like everybody else
does
        Do we all think this?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Blanket

I'll knit myself a new blanket
of lies
and smother in it slowly.
A knitted blanket.
with plenty holes.
and many, many
clashing colours.
-just like the one you knitted me


©  Cheron L'Estrange


***
Grade 10
***

4 comments:

  1. I resonate with the question in Cliche - and am blown away by the "just like the one you knitted me" in the second. Wowzers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "clashing colours" line. Very effective, jabbing closing line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this poem, it has a feeling we can all relate too.. and a nice twist at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first one has such a great ironic edge, and the second so very sad. Thanks, Cheron. k.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading our poetry!
Positive and supportive commentary is welcomed.
Negative or abusive remarks will not be published.