A Collection of Original Poetry by Students of Ladysmith High School

Tuesday, 22 September 2015

I am Sorry ~ Thandeka Mthembu

Sorry I tried to bring you glee
too bad its not with me
you wanted to be..
Sorry that you never on my mind
Lately
since you lost what I thought I'd find

I am sorry for all the flaws
Sorry for how perfect I
find my imperfections
I am sorry I just spoke too soon
of how I loved..
Loved and adored you
I am sorry you used to provide
me with joy..
Joy that could take anyone to the moon
Sorry I couldn't join the cue
but instead you made me apart of your crew.

I am sorry for all the love
so sweet I tried to give
but all I hold onto now is my bitter treat.
I am sorry for you I could not wait
with each passing day love turned into hate
Sorry for that fateful day
I coughed up the courage to ask
but your silence my smile did unmask..
sorry I had to walk away
because after that day I could not stay
For this I am truly sorry..


©  Thandeka Mthembu


***
Grade 10
***

2 comments:

  1. You have painted the scene so clearly that I can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. I can really feel the bitterness, expressed particularly well in the closing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading our poetry!
Positive and supportive commentary is welcomed.
Negative or abusive remarks will not be published.