A Collection of Original Poetry by Students of Ladysmith High School

Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Cup of tea ~ Cheron L'Estrange

ace bowed
a cup of tea
that's surely more salty than sweet
logic and your calm words
ripping, raging against my insides
though somehow you are peace
in a world full of turmoil that
I myself have created
And I cannot think these things
I must not feel them
Must not cry nor rage
Must not hope
Because if you are a diamond
then I am just a paper box
And for all I am not,
I could never deserve you


©  Cheron L'Estrange


***
Grade 10
***

2 comments:

  1. The hardest thing for any of us to do is to look within ourselves and see - how very worthy we are, of all good things. You have written a heartfelt poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "that's surely more salty than sweet
    logic"

    "Because if you are a diamond
    then I am just a paper box"

    Excellent.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading our poetry!
Positive and supportive commentary is welcomed.
Negative or abusive remarks will not be published.