A Collection of Original Poetry by Students of Ladysmith High School

Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Heartless ~ Nishka Ramkhelawan

You slipped through my fingers

like water in a broken glass.

I am heartbroken without you

This sorrow is a lack of vigour.



You were the gift in my life

that was so beautifully rare,

But now that you are gone

I am filled with despair.



My heart is made of stone

that can never be broken.

I am just bitter

as cold as the winter wind.



It is a shattered bottle,

a river that has run dry.



Perhaps it is irreparable

Or lifelessly dead.

Or maybe my broken heart is

like a self-destructing  bombshell

that is will detonate soon.


©  Nishka Ramkhelawan


***
Grade 11
***

1 comment:

  1. Nishka, you have been on a roll this month. You have made the single biggest contribution to our target of 300 poems in 30 days with 12 poems submitted to date. Thank you for bringing the dream one step closer to reality!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading our poetry!
Positive and supportive commentary is welcomed.
Negative or abusive remarks will not be published.