Friday 11 September 2015

Nhlakanipho Magasela ~ Two Poems

I was Bitten

In the trees of birds
Slithery and sticky as Satan
A snake is my rival opponent, adversary, enemy
Danger
Dangerously the snake slides away
It was black as coal
Just as it slid and rattled its tail
It turned back and looked at me
Just then it moved towards me and attacked me
It left me with a mouth that can’t say any words


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Trespassers

In our beautiful city
Stood our beautiful twin towers
As the people in the city were proud
Trespassers
Suddenly I saw planes going to our towns
As it was in the dark sky
People ran in fear to cry for their loved ones
Boom the pale went
It crashed into the beautiful twin towers as they collapsed
The city lost its electricity


© Nhlakanipho Magasela


***
Grade 8
***