A Collection of Original Poetry by Students of Ladysmith High School

Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Reckless ~ Nishka Ramkhelawan

How can I love you?

when you are so Reckless

in everything you do.



How can I fall deep into your eyes

and look into your soul

when I can sense your predation?

like a lion does its prey



Why do I feel so Vulnerable

When I am with you

You are so hazardous

But yet , when I am with you

I feel out of harm’s way



Please don’t regulate the monsoon!


©  Nishka Ramkhelawan


***
Grade 11
***

3 comments:

  1. I have felt those very things in my younger years. I like the unexpected closing. Fearing the overwhelming nature of the monsoon, yet the narrator wishes it. I feel her inner wisdom is speaking through this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wildness loses some of its soul and self if it is tamed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. I really like the surprising closing line. :)

    I'm pretty sure we can all relate to what you've expressed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading our poetry!
Positive and supportive commentary is welcomed.
Negative or abusive remarks will not be published.