A Collection of Original Poetry by Students of Ladysmith High School

Monday, 20 October 2014

Nsiki Gwala ~ Two Poems

Murder

Traumatised
A threat to the living.
A mind encrypted with savageness,
With death so close, so sure and inevitable
And life is but a dream in his eyes-
His eyes of molten fury.
A dead soul.
Seeking the souls of the pure,
Blood of the living in jealousy-
Jealousy of what never was or should have been.
A ruthless heart of ice and despair,
A dream shattered and lost.
Murderer

© Nsiki Gwala


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I should die, think only this of me

If I should die think only this of me:
That she was a girl as patient as a calm blue sea,
Who tried to help others in every way
And still loved them till the end of her day.

A girl who believed that hard work will win
A girl who wore that unforgettable grin,
As though everyday she could feel life’s endless joy
Like a little boy playing with his favourite toy.

If I should die, think only this of me:
That she was girl as happy as one could ever be
And even tough angels have stolen her in the golden cart,
Her love will always remain in my heart.

© Nsiki Gwala

***
GRADE 9
***

1 comment:

  1. These are two very different poems, yet have a common theme. Reading them together makes me think of what people take away when they take the life of another human being.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading our poetry!
Positive and supportive commentary is welcomed.
Negative or abusive remarks will not be published.