Saturday 26 May 2018

My Mirror ~ Nkazimulo Mvemve

My mirror, my reflection.
Same to me in every way, no mistake what so ever.
We look at watch other as if we just met, but we haven't.
You've been around my whole life - not only in the mirror of my room -
But the ones in the world.
My reflection, never in one place.
You are all over shadowing me from the: windows in class,
The reflection in my tea, my watch and polished surfaces.
The same person in every way, but different form every time.

My mirror, my reflection.
Do you see the world the same way I see it?
Or do you only see the surroundings I'm currently in?
Do you have a voice similar to mine?
Or do you mimic my lip movement ever so perfectly?
Movement your mouth like mine.
Do you hear the sounds of life?
Or do you only listen to the silence of your 2 - dimensional world?                                                       

Where sound is unknown.                                     
Do you feel emotion?
Like when I cried in front of you and I saw my tears on your face,
And my heavy emotions in your eyes.

My mirror, my reflection.
Are we friends?, because we know each other very well.
We are the same you and I, but I wonder....
What is it like to be you?
Your conscious and thoughts lie behind a transparent wall.
Yearning for freedom, to break the thickness that separates us.
I see, I feel and live
You see,  you feel and live - me.
Same to me in every way.
My mirror, my reflection.


©  Nkazimulo Mvemve

***
Grade 11
***