Sunday 3 June 2018

On His Skin ~ Mika Datadin

Today we see history repeat itself

I found for a long while that

I had no urge to write poems.

I can't even remember

my last story, or when it was written



However, today I find it necessary to

Pick up the pen once again.



No one really discouraged me from writing

No one really knew, and

Those that did,

None of them really cared.



However, today I find it necessary to

Pick up the pen once again.



My pen is made of magic in its steel

And tales in its ink.

Stories told time and time again

Yet unparalleled and fresh with each drop.



This is why today I find it necessary to

Pick up the pen once again.



I've had no real companion

Besides my sterling silver partner

It's kept me from my tears,

And shielded me from the

Screams of my pressure.



I may decide last minute not

To write, to be strong,

But my sadness is stronger lately,

So I wish to see my magic pen

Of silver ink leave red

Marks on its canvas tonight.

This evening

Nobody can stop me from

Picking up my pen once again.




©  Mika Datadin

***
Grade 11
***