Wednesday 6 May 2020

Entrances, You, Vision ~ Uwais Coetzee

Entrances


With the billions of people
That just happen to live
in this make real world we see, we
often forget that it isn’t always
about who we meet but also
how we meet these that we do.
Whether it’s me or you or us or they,
It’s the smiles, the waves, the hellos, the goodbyes
The hugs, the pats, the entrances, the exits.
The way we see the world is often more
About whether the sky is blue or not but
Never the depth of the sea hidden therein.
We always think about the fact that people
Come and go but how they do always stays.
The entrances we make and the exits we take
Are always the briefest of moments;
But the briefest of moments always seem to linger.



You


It’s always going to be you.
I don’t know you and
I don’t know who you are.
It’ll be you by the sun
And you by the moon
And you’ll be the soil
That’ll make the flowers bloom.
You will be the bow
And also, the rain
And you’ll be the blanket
To comfort my pain.
You’ll be the day to my night
And the night to my day
And nothing will ever come this way.
But I don’t know who you are
And I don’t know what we’ll be
But nothing else will matter, you see?
I don’t know you
And I don’t know if you’re real
But you are the only thing
That makes me feel.



Vision


A vision came to me in a dream
To show me the life I’d want.
A life of no worries and
A life with no stress.
A life where I’d be
Content with less.
A life filled with internal peace
And a world that could match,
A life in which the singles
We have could be the whole batch.
In waking I realize it’s not what we want.
A life of no stress and a life with no care
Is exactly what it appears to be, a vision
In a dream. The light is a reward
After the dark but the dark is inevitable after light.
So, sit with your mind through the
Dark and the light.
Console your dreams through
Day and night.
Bathe in the light
And sit in the rain
Because lie can’t be life
Without the pain.


© Uwais Coetzee

***
Matric 2018
***