Wednesday 10 April 2019

Cry, But Never Complain ~ Nkazimulo Mvemve

Cry... but never complain.
In the midst of the sorrow you caused me I never said anything.
Yet it's humorous when it seemingly happens to you.

Doesn't it? You felt I felt, you had the chance
to state your disheartening vices,
but I never said anything.
Fair not fair, you don't care in your eyes,
you're wired to believe that you were disciplining me.

Sticks and stones hurt and so do words too.
The right ones that make you feel:
 inferior, worthless, rubbish and in other cases specifically "dumb".

It's not that I haven't forgiven it, maybe,
just that I haven't forgotten everything about it.
The wheel turns as it pleases,
yet you never know what's turning and who is it turning to.




©  Nkazimulo Mvemve

***
GRADE 12
***