Wednesday 18 May 2016

Death ~ Yusra Asmal

If I should die, think only this of me…

I’m as helpless as one can be

I don’t care who or what I leave behind

Because I am leaving this world without a dime.



I’m horrible with people

That’s why this poem will have no sequel

I’m afraid of dying

But I won’t leave without trying.

I will do what I believe to be right

And never give up without a fight.



My dear mother please forgive me

For I have wronged you more than you and I can see.

My honourable father please trust me

For in this world I will try to honour thee.

Brother, you know everything I do

So before I leave, just know… I love you.



My fantastic friends I have to say

This friendship will have to end, one day

When I leave this world please try to remember…

Time waits for no man, and no one lives forever.


©  Yusra Asmal


***
Grade 9
***