Sunday 24 May 2015

Joyful Sorrows ~ Phethile Dhlamini

Your piercing thorns do nothing but heal me
Your razor sharp words used to penetrate through my mind
But now, they simply cushion and cover my thoughts
That were once upon the bed of my sorrows.

Thoughts that left and waved goodbye
Along with the oceans of empty lies
That used to waltz along the shores
Of my happiness...

That same happiness you thought you devoured
Is now regurgitated upon the floors of forgiveness
And now it lies there forever as a joyful mess
Upon my life.

What you thought was a dull coal
Has finally fossilized
Into a precious stone

And yet again I thank you...
Thank you for being selfish and hideous
Because now I have become more
Selfless and beauteous
Simply, because I no longer care.


Copyright Phethile Dhlamini

***
GRADE 11
***