Saturday 18 May 2019

Paradoxes ~ Uwais Coetzee

Paradox


He was awake at 3am
Thoughts that flooded his mind
During the day now plagued
His thoughts at night.
Flashes of blue, white
Shades of the darkness were
The only things he wanted.
Tranquillity in chaos.
Peace in war.
Happiness in depression.
His mind was on the fore.
The grounds on which he built
His logic was skewed.
The fields in which his
Feelings fled, was burning.
The reality in which his
Heart bled, was aching.
Entirely. Completely.
A holy hole was filling him
Wholly.
The only paradox of existence:
It’s weird how emptiness fills our space.



Paradoxical Happiness


I know one day I’ll find
Love again and this time she’ll love me
Back. She’ll love me regardless of all the things
that I don’t have, regardless of all I lack.
She’ll love the person that you left in
The background. She’ll love the one who
Will always be there for her. In times
Of pain and in times of hurt love will
Be on the other end of the equation for
Once. A wise person once told me that
It takes a year and a day for pain to
Go away. Take a year to find that happiness
Like a golden treasure and add another day
Just for good measure. It’s not like I
Hate you, it’s just that love gets to a point
Where it hurts just as much as hate. And
One day if you finally decide that I was
Good enough for you, when you see who is
There, I might not be there. Because I know I’ll
Find happiness. Paradoxical happiness and it doesn’t
Seem fair. I’ll find happiness but you just
May not be there.



© Uwais Coetzee

***
Matriculant 2018
***