Friday 27 April 2018

Drunk ~ Nkazimulo Mvemve

I only had a little sip just to make me tipsy.
I never thought it would go this far.
I only went there because my friend said it would be fun.
I never thought it would go this far.
There were shots after shots I was having a great time,
but I never thought you would go that far.
I had had enough my vision was blurred,
I drank so much my stomach hurt.
I had enough and I only wanted juice,
but I didn't drink that, you must have mixed the two
Now I was totally gone walking like I needed a cane.
I was about to leave then, you came,
sat and talked next to me trying to make me stay.
I listened to you hypnotizing my brain telling me things I don't even remember.
You took me to a room laid me down and said "....."
I blacked out, not for long, but for long enough that my jeans were gone.
I looked at you filled with lust ready to do me and until I'm dust.
You wanted to take away my innocence,
just because you saw I had no control over my mind and body.
But you didn't mind.
I had the strength to make you stop but I couldn't use it
I had the voice to shout for help but I burned it shouting at something else.
I had many reasons not to come in the beginning but I couldn't listen to my own intuition.
You saw my tears, and I saw your heart.
No words, no fighting.
Just a little dot that had your reflection on
showing you the monster that you never wanted to be.
You let go, I got up you brought be water but I'm not that dumb.
I left you there thinking about what you almost did.
I dressed myself... I think I did,
but I'll never forget what you almost did.




©  Nkazimulo Mvemve

***
Grade 11
***