Sunday 8 October 2017

The Day I Stopped Wearing Black ~ Varisha Jugamohan

I wore black and you wore blue
We are opposites that’s true
I have seen many colours, but blue is my favourite
That’s because you’re a true blue.
Blue is the colour of the sea and sky
Everything seemed to lie, because my world used to be black and white
Until you became the highlighter of my life.
You were the paint that adorned those mundane walls which held me hostage
You even painted a window to let sunshine in.

I was terrified to be apart
One drop of paint landed on my empty heart
Which was your reminder that you would never leave me.
I didn’t notice how consumed I was by my addiction of you
Until I stopped wearing black and started wearing blue..

I wore blue and you wore blue
You swore love and I swore forever
Opposites no more
As true love stood by our side forevermore.


© Varisha Jugamohan

***
Grade 11
***