Saturday 9 January 2016

This is What We Are! ~ Naadir Vorajee

Run away and take my good,
your hopes and dreams you'll find...
Fly away and take what's mine!
Your Hopes and Dreams you'll bind...

You came to me with N O T H I N G
and sorry eyes I saw
You came to me with N O T H I N G
but true happiness I watered and bore.

I taught you what I knew
and showed what I'd learnt.
I held your heart inside my hand
but now you leave me b u r n t...

I helped you through your hardship
and made you build a fort
I asked for your help in return...
you told me - "life's too short!"

Now you stand there P-R-O-U-D and TALL,
your achievements you have grasped!
here I stand all old and small
without
the happiness I once clasped.

I needed help and looked to you...
You showed me to the door.
You needed help and looked to me,
I was only glad to give more.

Life's unfair, it's cold an cruel.
It makes you feed your own.

It takes the warmth from deep within us
It shivers us to the bone...


©  Naadir Vorajee


***
Matriculant 2013
***