Saturday 23 April 2022

Do Not Fall in Love With People Like Me - Justin van Vuuren

 1.

Do NOT fall in love with people like me. I will take you to museums and parks and monuments and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why STORMS are named after people.

-          Spicy Icy

 

 

 2.

There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who do not show themselves and cause trouble… monsters who abduct children. Monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood and monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance… they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat even though they’ve never experienced hunger. They study even though they have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to ever encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by them, because in truth I am that monster.

-          Spicy Icy

 


 3.

The very thing that distinguishes us both is that I wouldn’t hesitate to choose you in every lifetime. But you wouldn’t choose me in this one and although I gave you my flesh and bones. I know I cannot love you into loving me, so there you are overflowing with my love and here I am pleading foe a droplet of yours or whatever I could salvage but there must come a time where you recognize to grieve someone hurts a lot less than forcing them to be a part of you. And I know I should not beg for love but just once I wanted someone to be afraid of losing me.

-          Spicy Icy



Justin van Vuuren

***

Grade 12

***